Makinom 2.9.0 is here with 16 new features, changes and fixes!
This update adds new editor features, a float value type and checks and other new features, changes and fixes.
Download the latest version of Makinom here.
If you’re enjoying Makinom (or ORK Framework) and the free updates, tutorials and support I’m providing, please consider supporting me as a patron on patreon.com.
- Editor: Copy-Paste Context Menu: You can now use a context menu (via context-click) to copy settings to the clipboard and paste them on other, compatible settings.
- Editor: Sub-Sections: Search field available to search for sub-sections. Searches the sub-sections of all sections, listing the found matches. Clicking on one will open the section and sub-section.
- Float Values: Selected Data Count: ‘Selected Data Count’ value type available. Uses the number of content stored in a selected data key as value.
- Value Checks: Range Inclusive Lower: ‘Range Inclusive Lower’ check type available. Checks if the value is between the two defined check values, including value 1, excluding value 2 (>= v1, < v2).
- Value Checks: Range Inclusive Upper: ‘Range Inclusive Upper’ check type available. Checks if the value is between the two defined check values, excluding value 1, including value 2 (> v1, <= v2).
- Schematics: Shake Camera, Shake Object: ‘Shake Rotation’ setting available. Optionally shake the rotation of the camera/object instead of the position.
- Schematics: Value Option Dialogue: New text codes available. Use ‘<startvalue>’ to add the original/start value and ‘<change>’ to add the change (to the start value) in value inputs.
- Unity UI: HUD Selected Data List Component: ‘HUD Selected Data List’ component available. Lists content stored in selected data by spawning a prefab for each content. Using other content components on the prefab allows to display content information, e.g. name or icon of the content (if available).
- Flying Texts: Schematics: Using a schematic to animate a flying texts will now set the initial color of the flying text to be fully transparent (A=0). I.e. you need to use a ‘Change UI Color’ node set or fade the color of the flying text. This is needed to prevent the flying text from initially display with full alpha for a frame before the schematic starts.
- Editor: Data Listing: Search, Filter & Sort: The search field is now always visible, filter and sorting options only when the ‘Search, Filter & Sort’ foldout is expanded.
- Unity UI: UI Boxes, HUDs: Switching between regular canvas and world space canvas now resets some rect transform values to those of the original prefab.
- Screen Fades: Screen fades are now performed using unscaled delta time.
- Schematics: Destroy Prefab: Fixed an issue where destroying all spawned prefabs (via prefab ID ‘-1’) didn’t destroy all instances.
- Screen Fades: Fixed an issue where screen fades starting while the game was paused didn’t progress until the game is unpaused. Now, if a screen fade is started in pause, it’ll also execute in pause.
- Unity UI Components: Added an automatic workaround for Unity UI components going missing when a project’s library is rebuild.
- Unity UI: Inputs: Fixed an issue where drag-scrolling was interpreted as clicking on an input.