Makinom 2.10.0 is here with 16 new features, changes and fixes!
This update adds new settings to automatically stop interactions when the player moves away from them, a new Vector3 and float value type selection and other new features, changes and fixes.
Download the latest version of Makinom here.
If you’re enjoying Makinom (or ORK Framework) and the free updates, tutorials and support I’m providing, please consider supporting me as a patron on patreon.com.
- Vector3 Values: Game Object Velocity: ‘Game Object Velocity’ value type available. Uses the velocity of a game object, coming from an ‘Object Changes’ component (will be added automatically if not on the game object).
- Float Values: Initial Value (Formula): ‘Initial Value (Formula)’ value type available. Uses the initial value of the formula (or sub-calculation) as value. Only used in formulas, 0 if used outside of formulas.
- Game Controls: Interactions: Auto Stop Interaction: ‘Auto Stop Interaction’ settings available. Automatically stop interactions when the player is a defined distance away from it. Has to be enabled in individual interaction components to use it.
- Schematics: Show Dialogue: ‘Keep Open’ setting available in ‘Message’ dialogue types with ‘Wait’ enabled. The schematic continues after accepting the dialogue, but the dialogue will remain open. Use a ‘Close All Dialogues’ node (or setting in the ‘Settings’ node) to close the schematic’s still open dialogues.
- Schematics: Select HUD Content Provider: ‘Select HUD Content Provider’ node available in ‘UI > UI Components’ nodes. Use the content/user of a HUD content provider component attached to a game object to change selected data.
- Interaction Machine Component: Start Settings: ‘Use Auto Stop Distance’ setting available. Optionally use the auto stop distance defined in ‘Base/Control > Game Controls’ to automatically stop the interaction when the player is a defined distance away. Please note that this isn’t used for ‘Multi’ execution types.
- Camera Events: ‘Set Field of View’ setting available. Changing the camera’s field of view when using a game object for placement is now optional. By default enabled (previous behaviour).
- Unity UI: UI Line Renderer Component: ‘UI Line Renderer’ component available. Simple UI line renderer component for displaying straight or curved lines.
- Unity UI: UI Box Component: Input/Tab Settings: ‘Scroll To Center’ setting available. Scrolling to a selected input will try to center the view on it.
- Unity UI: UI Box Component: Input/Tab Settings: ‘Scroll Padding’ setting available (when not using ‘Scroll To Center’). Scrolling to a selected input can use a padding to the edge of the scroll rect.
- Unity UI: HUD Input Display (Sprite): Not using ‘Cursor Over Image’ changes will now fall back to the ‘Non-Pressed Image’ changes.
- Schematics: Is Music Playing: Fixed an issue where not checking for a specific music clip always resulted in ‘Failed’.
- Camera Events: Fixed an issue where the camera event didn’t work when the player controls wheren’t blocked.
- Camera Events: Fixed an issue where the ‘Update Position’ setting wasn’t displayed when using a camera position for the camera placement.
- Unity UI: HUD Icon Bar Content Components: Fixed an issue that caused an error when displaying icon bars.
- Unity UI: HUD Joystick Control Content, HUD Axis Control Content, HUD Button Control Content: Fixed an issue where closing the HUD during input doesn’t reset the input.