Makinom 2.3.0 is here with a new features, changes and fixes!
This update adds support for no domain reloading in Unity (i.e. faster playtesting), improves the settings search in the editor, adds optional line of sight checks for interactions and other new features, changes and fixes.
Additionally, displaying UI boxes or HUDs at the position of a game object on-screen can now use world space canvases if the game object they’re displayed for have a ‘Canvas’ attached.
Download the latest version of Makinom here.
Makinom 2 now requires Unity 2019.4, if you’re using an earlier version (2019.1, .2 or .3) you’ll have to stay on Makinom 2.0.0).
- Unity: Domain Reload: Entering play mode without reloading the domain is now supported. You can find Unity’s play mode settings in the Unity menu ‘Edit > Project Settings… > Editor’.
- Editor: Search: Improved searching in a tab’s settings. Search now highlights matching settings. The search bar will show how many matching settings where found and allows navigating between them via buttons. Use ‘F3’ and ‘Shift + F3’ to navigate highlighted settings via keyboard shortcuts. Jump list will highlight which foldouts contain found settings.
- Editor Settings: ‘Search Settings’ available. Define highlight colors and if entering search should automatically jump to the first found setting.
- Float Values: ‘Angle’ value type available. Uses the angle between two game objects as value.
- Flying Texts: Count To Value: ‘No Zero’ setting available. Counting doesn’t start at 0, unless the final value is 0. The minimum start count is 1 (or -1 for negative values).
- Game Controls: Interactions: ‘Line Of Sight’ settings available. Optionally check the line of sight between the player and the interaction to determine if the interaction is available.
- UI System: Unity UI: ‘Add Canvas Scaler’ setting available. Adding a canvas scaler to automatically created canvases is now optional. However, it’s recommended to use it and use prefabs in your UI layers for other canvas setups instead.
- Unity UI: UI Box Component, HUD Component: Position Settings: ‘At Game Object Canvas’ setting available. Optionally transfer the UI to a ‘Canvas’ of a game object when displaying it at that game object’s position (e.g. dialogue speaker or HUD user). Allows using world space UI. By default enabled.
- Unity UI Setup: Context Menu: ‘Text+Icon Content’ and ‘Icon Content’ entries available in ‘Makinom > HUD > Content’. Creates ‘HUD Text Content’ component game objects with text and icon or icon only configuration.
- HUD Click: ‘Click Count’ setting available. Define the number of clicks that are needed to use a HUD click action. Available in the ‘HUD Click’ component for the ‘Unity UI’ module.
- Editor: The section buttons switch to only showing icons when the editor window’s width is too small.
- Editor Settings: Hotkey Settings: ‘Section’ hotkeys removed due to clashing with some Unity hotkeys.
- Data Assets: Settings that where previously part of the project asset have been moved to individual settings assets. The project asset now only holds references to other data assets. This allows easier working in teams via collaboration tools (e.g. GIT). Your previous settings will still load and automatically be updated when saving the project again.
- Editor: Fixed an issue where keeping the editor docked when entering play mode could lead to inconsistencies between play and editor data lists.
- Animation Machine, Animation State Machine: Fixed errors that where caused by unused start types.