Makinom 2.2.0 is here with a few new features, changes and fixes!
Updates for interaction controllers (now supporting multiple interaction controllers on the player, optionally limiting interactions to certain machines and priority sorting), updates for flying texts (e.g. use physics or world space canvas via prefabs) and other new features, changes and fixes.
Download the latest version of Makinom here.
Want more features? Check out the recentlry released Makinom 2.1.0!
Makinom 2 now requires Unity 2019.4, if you’re using an earlier version (2019.1, .2 or .3) you’ll have to stay on Makinom 2.0.0).
- Editor Settings: ‘Copy Name Type’ setting available. Select how the name of copied data will be changed. Either keep the original name (‘None’) or add ‘COPY’ to the front or back of the name.
- Interaction Controllers: ‘Priority’ setting available. Multiple interaction controllers on the player will be sorted by priority – the highest priority value will be used/checked first.
- Interaction Controllers: ‘Limit Machine Types’ settings available. Optionally limit the machine types an interaction controller can interact with.
- Float Values: Math Function: ‘Minus 90’, ‘Plus 90’, ‘Minus 180’ and ‘Plus 180’ math functions available. Adds/subtracts 90 or 180 from the value.
- Flying Texts: ‘Create Object’ settings available in ‘UI > UI Settings > Flying Text Settings’ and individual flying texts (overriding default). Define if a game object is created to position the flying text on screen based on a world position. ‘None’ doesn’t create one and only allows changing the UI via the ‘Change UI’ nodes, ‘Empty’ creates an empty game object and ‘Prefab’ creates an instance of a prefab (e.g. to add physics or world space canvas).
- UI Boxes: ‘Use Accept Timeout’ settings available. Optionally use a (global) timeout for allowing accepting of UI content. This is used for all types of accepting, i.e. ‘Accept Key’ and ‘Accept Click’ on inputs.
- Movement Components: Nav Mesh Agent: ‘Stop Immediately’ setting available. Optionally stop the agent immediately by setting the velocity to 0 when stop is called. E.g. used by the ‘Move To Interaction’ settings.
- Movement Components: Default: ‘Add Component’ now lets you define the settings for the component. Will only be used when adding the component, otherwise keeps the settings of an already attached component.
- Movement Components: Default: Now supports 2D movement when a ‘Rigidbody 2D’ component is attached.
- Schematics: Change Last Move Direction: ‘Change Last Move Direction’ node available in ‘Movement > Movement’ nodes. Changes the last move direction value of ‘Object Changes’ components. This value can e.g. be used to determine the direction in 2D environments. Please note that the last move direction will automatically be updated by the component the next time the game object moves.
- Schematics: Store Angle: ‘Store Angle’ node available in ‘Movement > Rotation’ nodes. Stores the angle between two objects into a float variable.
- Face Camera Component: ‘Face Camera’ component available. Lets the game object face the Makinom camera or main camera in the scene. E.g. use it to let a world space canvas or sprite always face the camera.
- Scripting: Asset Sources, Asset Selections: ‘SetAsset’ function available in ‘AssetSource’ and ‘AssetSelection’ classes. Sets the source to ‘Reference’ and uses the provided asset.
- Node Editor: ‘Place on Grid’ entry in the context menu has been renamed to ‘Snap nodes to grid’.
- Editor: Remembering sections now also remembers the view limit state.
- Priority Machines: Fixed an issue where priority sorting was wrong.