Makinom 2.4.0 is here with a new features, changes and fixes!
This update adds new float/Vector3 value types, new UI box control options and other new features, changes and fixes.
Download the latest version of Makinom here.
- Float Values: ‘Angle (Position)’ value type available. Uses the angle from a game object to a position as value.
- Float Values: Float Variable, Int Variable: ‘Multi Value Use’ setting available when using ‘Object’, ‘Object List’, ‘Selected Data’ or ‘Selected Data List’ variable origin. Defines how values from multiple variable sources will be used, e.g. using the first found or adding them all together. Defaults to using the ‘First’ value (previous behavious).
- Vector3 Values: Cursor Position (World): ‘Use Raycast’ setting available in ‘Cursor Position (World)’ value type. Using a raycast to find the world position of the cursor is now optional. By default enabled (previous behaviour).
- Flying Texts: Flash: ‘Set Property’ settings available. Optionally set a property instead of the color when flashing a flying text’s game object.
- Editor: ‘Editor Name’ setting available in all data with language content definition. Optionally define a different name to be used in the editor (e.g. in popup lists). Can be used to use a different internal name without impacting the content the player will see.
- Editor Settings: Node Editor: ‘Initial Node Anchor’ and ‘Focus Node Anchor’ settings available. Select where the selected nodes will be displayed when first displaying and focusing on selected nodes (via ‘F’ key). E.g. display them in ‘Middle Center’ (default) or ‘Upper Left’ of the grid.
- UI Boxes: Controls: Input Settings: ‘Inactive Input Handling’ setting available. Define how inactive/disabled inputs are handled. Either use them like regular inputs (‘None’, displays them and allows selecting them), ‘Skip Selection’ (displays them but skips over them when selecting inputs) or ‘Hide’ the inactive inputs.
- UI Boxes: Controls: Tab Settings: ‘Inactive Tab Handling’ setting available. Define how inactive/disabled tabs are handled. Either use them like regular tabs (‘None’, displays them and allows selecting them), ‘Skip Selection’ (displays them but skips over them when selecting tabs) or ‘Hide’ the inactive tabs.
- Schematics: Change Animator Controller: ‘Change Animator Controller’ node available in ‘Animation > Mecanim’ nodes. Changes the animator controller used by a game object’s ‘Animator’ component. Supports animator controllers and animator override controllers.
- Schematics: Store Position Angle: ‘Store Position Angle’ node available in ‘Movement > Rotation’ nodes. Stores the angle from a game object to a position into a float variable.
- Schematics: Rotate to: ‘Is 2D’ setting available. Optionally rotate in 2D space, only rotating on the Z-axis.
- Schematics: Dialogue Nodes: ‘In Pause’ setting available. Defines if a UI box can be controlled when the game is paused. Defaults to ‘Auto’, allowing control if the game is paused when displaying the UI box.
- Is Makinom Camera Component: ‘Is Makinom Camera’ component available. Sets the ‘Camera’ defined in the component as Makinom’s camera. E.g. use this when spawning the camera with the player, while having another camera in the scene.
- No Tooltip Component: ‘No Tooltip’ component available. Prevents game objects in a scene to cause tooltips when the cursor is over them. Not used for UI game objects, only for scene game objects.
- Interaction Components, Machine Components: Object Turn Settings: ‘Reset Rotation’ setting available when using ‘Turn Machine Object’. Optionally restore the rotation of the machine object after the interaction/machine finished executing.
- ORK HUD Value Bar Content Component: Actions Per Turn: ‘Max Action Bar’ setting available. Optionally use the maximum actions per turn as the value bar’s maximum value instead of the current action’s per turn.
- Unity UI: No Fade Component: ‘No Fade’ component available. Prevents the game object from being color faded. E.g. use it for the checkmark of a toggle to prevent it from being faded when fading child objects of the input.
- Unity UI: Limit Content Size Fitter: ‘Limit Content Size Fitter’ component available. Works like a ‘Content Size Fitter’ component and adds min/max values for width and height (when using horizontal/vertical constraints).
- Unity UI: Circle Layout Group: ‘Circle Layout Group’ component available. Arranges content in circles around the UI’s pivot.
- Editor: Search Highlights: Highlighted settings will now highlight the background when using Unity’s ‘Light’ theme and the foreground when using Unity’s ‘Dark’ theme.
- Node Editor: Displaying the node/slot detail text will now catch any errors occuring due to broken node setups. A warning in the Unity console will hint at which node/slot is causing issues.
- Unity UI: UI Box: Input Settings: Setting ‘Horizontal Input Change’ and ‘Vertical Input Change’ to 0 will now use a direction-based input selection.
- Unity UI: Context Menu: Creating a ‘Toggle’ input adds ‘No Fade’ and ‘No Flash’ components to the toggle’s checkmark to prevent issues with color fading.
- Data Assets: Individual data assets no longer store the version and save time. The project asset and schematic assets still store them.
- Movement Components: Default: ‘Face Direction’ now rotates on the Z-axis when using 2D movement (i.e. using a ‘Rigidbody 2D’ component for movement).
- Schematics: A disabled node being skipped a 2nd time now only stops the schematic if it’s a node with multiple next slots. This is a safeguard to prevent schematics from executing forever. Previously this was done with any disabled node.
- UI Boxes, HUDs: Fixed an issue where UI displaying at a game object’s position (not using world space canvas) where displayed when they’re positioned behind the camera.
- Schematics: Call HUD: Fixed an issue where setting a HUD’s user didn’t work correctly.
- Editor: Formulas: Fixed an issue where removing a formula didn’t update the node editor to display the next selected formula.
- Schematics: Change Sound Volume: Fixed an issue where fading a defined audio channel didn’t change the volume.
- Schematics: Change UI Color: Fixed an issue where using ‘Stop’ fade type caused UI issues in the editor.
- Formulas: Loop: Fixed an issue where using the loop node caused freezing when using local variables for the counter.
- Animation Machines: Fixed issues when using ‘Animation Event (int)’, ‘Animation Event (float)’ and ‘Animation Event (string)’ start types without checking the parameter.
- Animation State Machines: Fixed issues with all start types when not using hash/layer index checks.
- Asset Sources: Asset Bundles: Fixed an issue where assets from asset bundles wheren’t loaded correctly when playing in the Unity editor without domain reload.