Makinom 2.12.0 is here with 23 new features, changes and fixes!
This update adds new quality-of-life features to the editor (popup field favorites, foldout coloring), new music functionality and other new features, changes and fixes.
Download the latest version of Makinom here.
If you’re enjoying Makinom (or ORK Framework) and the free updates, tutorials and support I’m providing, please consider supporting me as a patron on patreon.com.
- Editor: Popup Fields: Favorites: Popup selection fields and node editor context menus allow you to mark selects as favorites. Favorite selections will be listed under ‘Favorites’ at the top of the popup/context menu. Please note that this isn’t available for asset selection popups (e.g. input keys) and certain editor popups (e.g. layer selection in node editor).
- Editor: Foldouts: Foldouts can be tinted in a defined color. The color selection is located in the upper right corner of the foldout. This can be disabled in the editor settings.
- Editor Settings: Foldout Settings: ‘Use Foldout Colors’ settings available. Optionally allow setting tint colors for foldouts. The color can optionally also be used as text color in the foldout jumplist. The color can be set in the upper right corner of a foldout.
- Playing Music: ‘Play From’ setting available. Play the music from the ‘Start’, the ‘Current Channel Time’ or the ‘Stored Time Position’.
- Music: ‘Store Time Position’ setting available. Automatically store the current time position of the music clip when stopping or changing to a different music clip. The music can restart from the stored time position by using the ‘Play From’ setting in the play music settings.
- Save Game Settings: PlayerPrefs Game Options: ‘Text Speed’ setting available. The ‘Text Speed’ option will also be stored in the PlayerPrefs (outside of save games).
- Schematics: Store Music: ‘Only Store Time Position’ setting available. Only store the time position of the channel’s currently playing music clip instead of the clip and time position. The music can restart from the stored time position by using the ‘Play From’ setting in the play music settings.
- Schematics: Add Interaction Controller: ‘Add Interaction Controller’ node available in ‘Game Object > Component’ nodes. Adds the interaction controller prefab to a game object (if no ‘Interaction Controller’ component is found on it) and registers the game object’s interaction controllers with the system.
- Schematics: Remove Interaction Controller: ‘Remove Interaction Controller’ node available in ‘Game Object > Component’ nodes. Disables all ‘Interaction Controller’ components on a game object an unregisters them from the system.
- Schematics: Register Other Player: ‘Register Other Player’ node available in ‘Game > Player’ nodes. Registers or unregisters a game object as an other player. Other players are able to start trigger/collision interactions that can otherwise only be started by the main player.
- Schematics: Add Player Components: ‘Add Player Components’ node available in ‘Game Object > Component’ nodes. Adds the player components, control machines and control behaviours that are set up in ‘Base/Control > Game Controls’ to a game object.
- Schematics: Remove Player Components: ‘Remove Player Components’ node available in ‘Game Object > Component’ nodes. Removes the player components, control machines and control behaviours that are set up in ‘Base/Control > Game Controls’ from a game object.
- Schematics: Start Machine, Add Machine To Stack: ‘Resource Overrides’ settings available. Optionally override prefabs and audio clips of the used schematic.
- Unity UI: UI Content (TextMesh Pro) Component: ‘Typewriter Adjust Size’ setting available. Using typewriter will set the actual text instead of the visible characters. This adjusts the size of the displayed text, otherwise the size of the full text is used from the start. Please note that this can impact performance and should only be used if your content’s size adjusts.
- Unity UI: HUD Tooltip (Content Provider) Component: ‘HUD Tooltip (Content Provider)’ component available. Uses the current tooltip content as content.
- Editor Data Asset: ‘Clear Foldout States’ button available. Removes all stored foldout state data (expanded state, colors).
- Editor Data Asset: ‘Clear Popup Favorites’ button available. Removes all favorited popup selections.
- Playing Music: ‘From Current Time’ setting has been replaced by the ‘Play From’ setting. Previous data is updated automatically.
- Schematics: Store Music: Storing music will also store the time position for the music clip independent of the music channel. The music can restart from the stored time position by using the ‘Play From’ setting in the play music settings.
- Unity UI: Screen Fader: Changed how the screen fader’s ‘RectTransform’ is set up. Should now cover all screen sizes and aspect ratios.
- Unity UI: The ‘HUD Content Provider (GameObject)’ has been renamed to ‘HUD Game Object (Content Provider)’.
- Editor: Saving: Fixed an issue where new lines in names could cause issues when saving asset files.
- Editor: Asset Sources: Fixed an issue where changing the source didn’t update the settings (e.g. automatically finding the asset bundle).